- You should schedule your class at least one month to two weeks ahead, so to give enough time for Learners around the world to book.
Create a clear curriculum
- Be specific when writing the descriptions for the class and each session of the class. Set up the right expectations for contents you will cover and not cover.
- Arouse interest, curiosity and motivation!
Promote your class
- While we are promoting your class on MindSynch, you can also promote it on your social media.
One hour class:
- A typical online class is one hour duration. You can structure it with:
- Expectations: 10 minutes
- Class materials: 40 minutes
- Q&A: 10 minutes
- Keep in mind that your Learners are in front of their computers - commonly known as the most distracting environment ever. We recommend never exceeding two hours. If you have more content than two hours, consider breaking it into multiple classes.
Plan a rehearsal
- Schedule at least 30 minutes prior to the class to finalize your content and review the technology.
Understand your Learners
- Review your learner profiles and their comment and topics of interest. Gear your content to your Learners experience to provide a unique and engaging class experience.
- Understand you may have a global audience; create a class schedule that works for people from various time zones.
Avoid text-heavy PowerPoint
- Text-heavy slides draw attention from your verbal content. Repl ace those wall-of-text slides with images, single key terms or brief phrases that help to drive the content home without distracting from the presentation.
Manage the aesthetics of your webcam view
- Lighting should come from in front of you and never behind you to avoid casting shadows on your face. One or two crane lamps set up behind your computer monitor and facing you will accomplish this nicely. Your background should be interesting but not distracting - consider a canvas to pretty up your wall or a folding/modular screen if you have no wall behind you.
Start early and start interacting
- On the day of your class, open your session at least 10 minutes prior to the start time. Turn on your audio and video and start a small chat with Learners who have already signed in.
Interact within the first few minutes:
- Start by asking Learners to chat in where they are joining from and read through several responses just to give the class that real-life feeling.
- If you want your class to be engaging and interactive, you have to use the tools to your advantage. Provide a brief housekeeping at the start of your event to show your attendees what tools you will use and set expectations. Key functions include:
- Mute and audio settings
- Request all Learners use video during class to make it more engaging
- View participants and raise hand functions
- Chat functions
Waste no time getting into your content
- Your learners pay to hear your content. Time is money.
Interact with Your Learners
- The beauty of an online class is that it is a synchronous experience for you and your audience. Treat it as if you were in-person. Use all of the tools at your disposal:
- Ask Learners to type in their questions or comment in Chat
- Use Hand raising to address questions in real time
Use Zoom's annotation to grab and direct attention:
- When you are sharing your screen, you have a lot of options from Zoom annotation tools for drawing, highlighting, making lines and arrows, and even blocking out areas on your screen under the "draw" menu. Use the spotlight menu to access the arrow pointer, and the red spotlight tool tip that will even let you use your mouse as normal while it's active, which is ideal for demos.
Make eye contact
- Want to really pull your Learners in? Look at your webcam instead of your screen. This will give the effect of eye contact and visual engagement. Use the gestures that you would typically use in person.
Understand you may have a global audience
- Speak clearly and loudly enough with a good pace, because your Learners may come from various countries with multi-language background.
Post-class best practice
- Be humble and open to Learners' feedback and reviews. Polish your tutoring skills. Post Tutor Blog to share your experience.
- Take classes to learn from others.
Last but not the least, be passionate in what you teach and learn during the tutor experience; aim to be an expert of the subject.
When you become a MindSynch Tutor, you receive 2 Tutor Points for every 30-minute class. You can exchange every 10 Tutor Points for one 30-minute class of your interested topic. Thank you for sharing your knowledge at MindSynch!
Meanwhile, you will also be ranked based on your tutor hours at MindSynch. The higher you rank, the more experienced you are as MindSynch Tutor.
0-59 Tutor Hours
120-239 Tutor Hours
60-119 Tutor Hours
above 240 Tutor Hours
We partner with Zoom for online classes.
As a MindSynch Tutor:
- You host a class that you have scheduled.
- You will be giving a videoconference host account when the application of your class is approved by MindSynch. You can Create a Class here.
- You need to download Zoom App on your device (computer, tablet or smartphone) to launch and manage classes. We recommend always using a computer to give your learners best video and audio effect.
- Your account can host all your classes on MindSynch with up to 50 participants
- You can only use the account for classes scheduled on MindSynch. Your video conference record will be audited by MindSynch. If a breach of use of the account is noted, we may terminate your User account. Please refer to User Terms for more details.
As a MindSynch Learner:
- You can join a class that you have booked on a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- We highly recommend you use a device with a camera, to optimize your learning and classroom experience.
Host a Class as MindSynch Tutor:
- You will receive a Zoom account invitation to your User email
- Activate your account with your name and a password
- Go to http://mindsynch.zoom.us
- Click Sign In and enter your User email and the password
- Click Host a Meeting and you are prompted to download the Zoom app
- Click OK and the App downloads and the Zoom desktop meeting app opens
- When you click the Meetings icon on the bottom menu bar, you can view your upcoming classes. For each scheduled class, you can:
- Start the class
- Edit the class settings
- Delete the class
- Copy the class invitation
When you click the Settings icon on the top right corner of Home on Zoom App, you can:
- Test your computer Audio
- You can Test Speaker or/and Test Mic
- Check to Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting. This will use your computer's speakers and microphone for the meeting.
- Check to Always mute microphone when joining meeting.
- Select your Video source and select settings for video
- Statistics displays a red ! exclamation point indicating there is an issue that you need to check
Manage your class:
Once you have started or joined a class, you can perform the following actions from the menu bar located at the bottom of the meeting window:
- Mute and Unmute your audio and select Audio options
- Access the Microphone and Speaker options by clicking the up arrow next to Mute.
- Stop and Start the video portion of the class
- Access the Video options by clicking the up arrow next to Video
- Manage Participants - manage your learners in the class:
- Mute/Unmute all participants
- Lock Screen Share so only the Tutor can screen share
- Play enter/exit chime whenever a person enters or exits a class
- Lock Meeting so no new attendees can join the class
- You can scroll over a participant's name to Mute or Unmute the participant
- Share Screen lets you share your screen with learners. On the bottom you can choose:
- Share computer sound when screen sharing
- Optimize for full screen video clip
- Chat lets you start a private or group chat
- End Meeting lets you end or leave the meeting
- Select End Meeting for All to end a class for which you host
- Click Leave Meeting if you want to leave a meeting you joined
- Click Enter Full Screen in the upper right hand corner to use full screen mode
MindSynch Revenue Sharing Program:
In MindSynch, we maximize your income opportunity and provide facilitation and administration for your seamless tutor experience online. We believe in simplicity; each learner will pay $5 USD for a 30-minute class. You will take 80% ($4 per learner per 30-minute) and MindSynch shares 20% ($1).
Where Do We Use This One Dollar?
- To build MindSynch platform
- To promote your classes on our main page, Fackbook and other social media
- To facilitate video conferencing
- To build tutor-learning eco-system
Here is a simulated calculator if you want to know how much you can earn from MindSynch Tutor:
Total Learners per Month
Total Class Hours per Month